Since June 2010 with the help of Graduate Fashion Week, All Walks Beyond the Catwalk has been working with individual educators and their colleges to broaden the curriculum in Universities and Art Colleges up and down the country.
Our goals are simple…
- To help students understand the power they have within the fashion and image-making industries to communicate to women and men about their bodies in a positive way. See our lecture feedback here.
- To see diversity as a starting point for creativity, not an obstacle to impede it. See our tutor feedback here.
- To promote the business value and creative possibilities in the promotion of individuality and diversity.
- To encourage design, image making and writing for bodies in a wider variety of sizes, ages, skin tones and physical difference. See our Diversity NOW! competition results here.
- To introduce students to new academic research in the field of body-image, and the relationship between well-being and commerce. See our Diversity Network report here.
So far we have engaged with 33 different colleges and universities. 5 colleges have changed their curriculum to include Diversity as a module. Edinburgh College of Art, The Arts University College Bournemouth, Nottingham and Trent University, Ravensbourne, Portsmouth University.
Diversity NOW! 2014/2015 is now ready for students to engage with. Click here for details
With thanks to Proportion London for personalised bust stand.